Early years The beginnings of Toowoomba North Church of Christ centred around the establishment of a Sunday School for a few children in a galvanized shed in 1908. Early in 1922, with numbers now around 30 pupils, serving minister of Toowoomba Churches of Christ encouraged the building of a hall, which was completed within a day.In 1948, the building was moved to the back of the block. A new worship centre was constructed in 1953 in front of the block. The existing building was extended to form a church hall. Throughout the years we have maintained an interest in practical mission - helping other churches in Queensland and the South Pacific.